PRIVACY NOTICE & GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION – Parents Corner
Kaleidoscope Ecole Bilingue, 14, Rue Isaac Newton, Plaisance du Touch.
How douse pupil information.
Why do we collect and use pupil information.
We collect and use pupil information to comply with the Education National
We also comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or CNIL.
We use the pupil data :
- to support pupil learning
- to monitor and report on pupil progress
- to assess the quality of our services
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
- to support your choice after you leave school
Categories of pupil information that we collect, hold and share include :
- Personal information
- (such as family name, pupil name, date of birth and contact details)
- (such as language, nationality and country of birth)
- Attendance information
- (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- National curriculum assessment results
- Special educational needs information
- Relevant medical information including insurance suppliers
Collecting pupil information
Whilst the majority of pupil information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain pupil information to us or if you have a choice in this. However, we only ask information that makes caring for your child and their transition between school and home easier.
Storing pupil information
Kaleidoscope Ecole Bilingue keep information about you and your children on computer systems and also sometimes on paper.
We hold your education records securely until you change school.
Your records will then be transferred to your new school.
There are strict controls on who can see your information. We will not share your data if you have advised us that you do not want it shared unless we are legally required to do so.
Who do we share pupil information with?
We routinely share pupil information with :
- schools or colleges that the pupils attend after leaving us
- l’Education Nationale
Why we share pupil information
We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We share pupils’ data with the L’Education Nationale on a statutory basis. This data sharing underpins school educational attainment policy and monitoring.
To find out more about the data collection requirements placed on us by the L’Education Nationale please visit their website.
We are required to share information about our pupils with the L’Education Nationale
The L’Education Nationale may share information about our pupils from their database with third parties who promote the education or for the well being of children in France by :
- conducting research or analysis
- producing statistics
- providing information, advice or guidance
The Education Nationale has robust processes in place to ensure the confidentiality of our data is maintained and there are stringent controls in place regarding access and use of the data. Decisions on whether the Education Nationale releases data to third parties are subject to a strict approval process and based on a detailed assessment of :
- who is requesting the data
- the purpose for which it is required
- the level and sensitivity of data requested
- the arrangements in place to store and handle the data
To be granted access to pupil information, organisations must comply with strict terms and conditions covering the confidentiality and handling of the data, security arrangements and retention and use of the data.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact the Principal of the school Sandrine Bevan who is the Data Protection Office.
The school will, on an annual basis, share individual Data Collection Sheets with you in order to ensure that our records are accurate and up to date but you have access to update your details within the Parents corner. If you require a password reset email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sandrine Bevan.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing – we will only share 3rd party activities if we think it’s relevant to the children of the school for example 3rd party swimming, dancing etc. We do not provide your data directly to them.
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance. For Parents with Children enrolled into the school we use email to securely contact you with news, relevant school information and billing. With general news we always take very seriously your view to unsubscribe from the mailing list if you wish to do so – Note that will miss important information about day today school life that may result in you child missing out.
For Children attending our holiday clubs or children who have left the school we are required to retain your information for a maximum of four years. After that it is securely destroyed.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
Sandrine is the Principal of the school and Data Protection Officer for Kaleidoscope Ecole Bilingue ,14, Rue Isaac Newton, Plaisance du Touch 06 51 13 25 42